[Swan-dev] Current master: kernel 3 KLIPS support

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Apr 23 18:57:02 EEST 2014

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014, Muenz, Michael wrote:

> the current CHANGELOG states:
> KLIPS: Improved suport for various 3.x Linux kernels [various]
>
> Which kernel versions will be supported?
> I just did a test compile with 3.12.17 and 3.master-201417.git. Works fine.
>
> Will 3.13 and 3.14 also be supported?

That was mostly actually kernel versions between 3.0 and 3.12
which had some errors in assumptions. KLIPS compiles files on
kernel-3.13.9-100.fc19.x86_64 (using git master)

I have not tried to run it on it though, and have not yet tried a 3.14 kernel.
It might work, and if it does not, I would hope it would only need minor
tweaks.