[Swan-dev] [Swan-commit] Changes to ref refs/heads/master

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Apr 6 17:20:24 EEST 2014

On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 10:25:49PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> egrep -n '\<ty\>' *.[ch]

Hmm, that's neat.  I am amazed I have managed to use linux and unix
systems for 22 years without encountering that grep feature before.

> Actually, I have a macro in my 30-year-old text editor that does
> find * '(' -name '*.[ch]' -o -name '*.cpp' ')' -print0 | xargs -0 -r egrep -n '\<ty\>'
> if my cursor is on ty.
>
> As I said, the meaning is a bit dubious to start with.

Well it seems the meaning is to declare which of the options in the
union to use.

Could call it 'style' for certificate style.  Similar to type, but
not type.

> I think that it is suggestively odd :-)
>
> Yeah, well, it is hard to delete code.
>
> Last week this struct was more intricate.  I fixed that.  But the team
> doesn't want to lose the promise of future features.

That makes sense.

--
Len Sorensen