[Swan-dev] How do I prepare my own CentOS libreswan rpm package ?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Mar 1 07:02:59 EET 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, T.J. Yang wrote:

> I don't do linux kernel compiling and rpm packaging often, excuse me if the is is not a good
> question.

You should start with packaging/rhel/6/libreswan.spec

It should do everything for you already? Or tell you what you need to
install.

> I am able to built the src tree with latest patches.

Which patches?

> Following is the error log after "make programs;make module" works.
>
> [tjyang at centos631 centos]$ rpmbuild -ba libreswan.spec
> error: File /home/tjyang/rpmbuild/SOURCES/libreswan-IPSECBASEVERSION.tar.gz: No such file or directo
> ry

If you want to package from git instead of from a full release tar ball,
you need to do this:

git tag v3.1_tjyang
make release

That will give you a tar ball where the proper version (not
IPSECBASEVERSION) is present. That file you can use on centos:

cp libreswan-3.1_tjyang.tar.gz ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/
tar zxf libreswan-3.1_tjyang.tar.gz
rpmbuild -ba libreswan-3.1_tjyang/packaging/rhel/6/libreswan.spec