[Swan-dev] How do I prepare my own CentOS libreswan rpm package ?

T.J. Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 06:32:53 EET 2013

Hi

I don't do linux kernel compiling and rpm packaging often, excuse me if the
is is not a good question.

First one suggestion regarding README at https://github.com/tjyang/libreswan
.
I think kernel-devel  should added after unbound-devel package at following
lines.

yum install nss-devel nspr-devel pkg-config pam-devel \
		libcap-ng-devel libselinux-devel \
		curl-devel gmp-devel flex bison gcc make \
		fipscheck-devel unbound-devel

Otherwise, step of "make module" won't since kernel src is missing.

I am able to built the src tree with latest patches.

But I want to create a rpm package for CentOS 6.3. and test the 3.0+
libreswan package on another CentOS box.

Following is the error log after "make programs;make module" works.

[tjyang at centos631 centos]$ rpmbuild -ba libreswan.spec
error: File /home/tjyang/rpmbuild/SOURCES/libreswan-IPSECBASEVERSION.tar.gz:
No such file or directory
[tjyang at centos631 centos]$ pwd
/home/tjyang/libreswan.letoams/packaging/centos
[tjyang at centos631 centos]$

Is there a  detail  procedure on preparing the rpm package ?
Do I need to prepare my own tip src tar ball and call it
libreswan-3.0.1.tar.gz and set IPSECBASEVERSION to 3.0.1 ?
or the IPSEC* variable is set by upstream command ? like "make rpm"

--
T.J. Yang