[Swan-commit] Changes to ref refs/heads/hugh-wip
D. Hugh Redelmeier
hugh at vault.libreswan.fi
Fri Nov 8 10:03:14 EET 2013
Author: D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com>
Date: Fri Nov 8 02:43:26 2013 -0500
Better modularity discipline
- add -Wmissing-declarations to warn when an external is being defined
without a declaration. Each external should be declared in exactly one
header and this catches most failures. It also catches some things that
should be file static.
- added -Wredundant-decls to catch things declared twice.
Oddly enough our code base did this. A bad sign of
"who knows where this belongs?".
- added -Wnested-externs to catch extern declarations
inside blocks. These are legal but bad form.
- made many changes to fix the things caught by these tools
- eliminated NO_DEBUG. This required some fancy work with
exit_tool declarations and definitions. I'd like to
eliminate it but it is used in testing/ in a way I don't
- deleted some unused functions (discovered when converted to file static)
- fixed declarations "liberswan*" to "libreswan*"
Still to do:
- still some mess due to the ill-disciplined nature of declarations
generated by bison and flex. We can do better, but I haven't
- further progress towards a one-to-one correspondence between .h and .c
- discover unused externals
More information about the Swan-commit